[pypy-dev] Compiling PyPy interpreter without GC

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:57:15 CET 2015

Hi John.

Can you describe the microVM and it's capabilities? Chances are it
captures things at the wrong level (I have a longer response in mind,
but I'll wait for you to describe it, in case I'm plain wrong)

What do you mean by "provides a GC"? Does it mean you just call malloc
and you never have to call free?

Generally speaking we don't suggest you translate pypy as a first
step, but instead write tests (equivalent to what's in
translator/c/test) and check aspects of translation one bit at a time.
That said, dependency on rweakref even when disabled is a bug, can you
post a full traceback?

Cheers,
fijal