[pypy-dev] GSoC 2015

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Feb 17 13:58:51 CET 2015

Hi Rohan,

On 15 February 2015 at 21:23, Rohan Goel <rohangoel0296 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am Rohan Goel ,  Computer Science undergraduate at BITS Pilani , India
> and am interested in working for your organization in GSoC 2015. As I am a
> beginner in open source coding , it would be great help if you guide me
> where to start from. My primary language of interest is Python.

Welcome!

In the past few years, we have found GSoC to be tricky to handle.  We're
likely to have a high bar for student acceptance this year.

The first step is to get involved with the community, which means showing
up on irc (#pypy on irc.freenode.net).  We can give you pointers to
possible ideas there, or you can find your own, for example by looking at
http://bugs.pypy.org/.

This is what we say in general to people that want to contribute to PyPy.
We can move on to discuss GSoC only after we have seen results from this
step.

A bientôt,

Armin.