[pypy-dev] Windows: pypyw.exe?

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 20:04:13 CET 2015

On 04/02/15 20:30, Yaacov Finkelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what the plan is for fixing:
> https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issue/1651/
>
> It is just a hassle with each upgrade of pypy.
>
> I'd be happy to fix, but I don't know where to start.
>
> Best,
>
> Jacob
We would love to get more windows people on board.
The "where to start" could mean a number of things
1. Where to start with the pypy dev process - try reading
      http://pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting-started-dev.html
2. Where to start with pypy and windows - try reading
    http://pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/windows.html
3. Where to start fixing this issue once you understand those two - try
looking at how pythonw.exe is different from python.exe in cpython,
create a branch and try to think of how to write tests for that
difference, then implement code that passes the tests, then ask us to
merge the branch.

When you say "it is just a hassle" that leads me to believe you already
know how to fix it (Hint: |cl /subsystem:windows|)

Matti