[pypy-dev] 2.6.1 and freebsd-9

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 23:27:35 CEST 2015

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 00:09:14 Matti Picus wrote:
> On 25/08/15 21:26, David Naylor wrote:
>
> Please find attached for a patch that fixes this issue.  Would you like me
> to submit a bug report for this patch?
>
> I have not translation tested this patch as yet.
>
> Regards
>
> I committed your patches as c2f97b8c2415, the last chunk looks strange (why
> standard_c_lib.__error.restype ? ) , but let's give it a shot and see what
> happens. Matti

The last chunk was unrelated to this change - it was just cleaning up
references to FreeBSD.

Although the tests now pass when run with python they still do not pass when
run from pypy.

It appears pypy does not properly handle ctypes.CDLL(name, handle=X) where X
is an integer as returned by dlopen(3).  I have an idea on how to implement
the fix but that will need to wait for tomorrow.