[pypy-dev] translation error on jit.unroll_safe with jit_libffi

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:48:33 CEST 2014

If you get latest, you should be able to get the PBC error on linux now. I
mostly develop on OSX so that was an error I needed to fix for the Linux
people.

Timothy

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:

> Hi Carl Friedrich,
>
> On 25 October 2014 15:00, Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz at gmx.de> wrote:
> > OK, that's a very nice statement for people that know the internals of
> the
> > annotator, but for not really helpful for people like me who don't ;-).
> What
> > does that mean on the language level? How do you 'ask the bookkeeper for
> > desc'? Maybe we can document that somewhere, or improve the error
> message.
>
> Sorry :-)  We have some staticmethod object that comes from somewhere
> unexpected.  That's all I can guess by seeing Timothy's partial
> traceback.  I only mentioned this because Maciej's two-lines message
> was IMHO mistaken, to avoid that Timothy or someone else spends time
> looking at the wrong place.  I would need to reproduce the crash to
> know more precisely, but your experience with trying to do so
> discourages me from trying :-)
>

> A bientôt,
>
> Armin.

“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that–lacking
zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C
programs.”
(Robert Firth)