[pypy-dev] trying to install aubio

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 19:04:37 CET 2014

Hi. Thanks for trying out PyPy.
It appears you did not install pypy's version of numpy into the pypy you
are using. Directions for that are here
http://pypy.org/download.html#installing-numpy.
Note however that the package you are trying to install will not
compile, and even if it did it would be quite slow, as stated in our FAQ
here
http://pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html#do-cpython-extension-modules-work-with-pypy
which perhaps should be rewritten as "just use cffi instead".
For what it is worth, once numpy is installed to pypy, building aubio
gives me this error:

fatal error: numpy/ufuncobject.h: No such file or directory

which may improve (but will never be as fast as cffi) in a future
release of pypy as we are working on a ufuncapi branch. Contributions to
speed this work along are welcome.
Matti

It is not clear from your report