[pypy-dev] Heads up, remap_file_pages() possibly slated for removal from Linux

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri May 9 12:31:38 CEST 2014

Hi Jake,

On 8 May 2014 02:50, Jake Edge <jake at lwn.net> wrote:
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/597632/6f444e69b9931d1a/
>
> If you folks are still using remap_file_pages(), you may want to speak
> up in the thread on linux-kernel ...

Thank you for the notice!  I've explained the PyPy situation, and it
looks now like they're going to replace remap_file_pages() with an
emulation based on mmap() and, I hope, take care of the issue that the
mmap() solution is limited to 65536 by default (i.e., increase the
default limit).  This would be good enough for PyPy, where the calls
to remap_file_pages() are themselves not highly performance-critical.

A bientôt,

Armin.