[pypy-dev] Pypy garbage collection

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Mar 13 12:29:50 CET 2014

Hi Martin,

On 13 March 2014 00:56, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it totally should. If your pauses are not incremental, we would
> like to be able to execute it. Since it's 55G, do you think you can
> make us an example that can run on a normal machine?

I think the request is not very clear.  We do have a machine with
100GB of RAM, so that part should not be a problem.  The question of
Maciej can probably be rephrased as: can you give us a reproducible
example?  Even if the large pauses appear to occur on any example you
try (which they shouldn't), please give us one such example.

Also, maybe we should have anyway a way to give the GC a hint: "now is
a good time to run if you need to".

A bientôt,

Armin.