[pypy-dev] RinohType and PyPy2

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Mar 2 17:01:32 CET 2014

Hi Brecht,

On 1 March 2014 23:34, Brecht Machiels <brecht at mos6581.org> wrote:
> While PyPy2 performs better than PyPy3, it's still much slower than CPython. Is RinohType hitting a weak spot in PyPy? Any hints on what I can do to improve performance?

It's not really helpful, but the warm-up time is the first issue here.
 If I edit template.py to run it e.g. 10 times instead of only once,
the speed grows quickly by a factor of 4.  It means your code, for
some reason, exhibits slow warm-ups (not the worst we've seen, but I
agree it's a lot).  It would be interesting to know if you have a
similar speed-up when processing a single 10-times-larger document
instead of 10 times the same small document :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.