[pypy-dev] Validate SSL/TLS

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Jan 27 12:13:37 CET 2014

Hi Donald,

On 27 January 2014 00:07, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> The CPython developers have thus far decided that back porting hostname verification to
> CPython 2.x is not worth breaking the policy of no new features in 2.7. I disagree with this
> conclusion fwiw.

You're considering adding a feature to PyPy 2 that is not present in
CPython 2.7.  Our general policy is that this is a bad idea.  How
about you create and distribute a regular CPython C extension module?
If you do, and (for example) it is written with CFFI, then it will
also work out of the box on PyPy.

(I also remind you that you have not answered the question "why not
use PyOpenSSL instead".)

A bientôt,

Armin.