[pypy-dev] cppyy and callbacks

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jan 24 18:37:02 CET 2014

Hi Wim,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:28 PM,  <wlavrijsen at lbl.gov> wrote:
> yes, it does. Is high on my wish list (and not just the programmer-facing
> side, also the internals although there are several things that are close
> but don't quite fit).

I meant specifically the way the interface is to be used by the end
programmer, ignoring its implementation for now.  This would mean
moving to more cffi-like idioms: removing the implicit
ownership-tracking logic, not guessing too hard about which overloaded
function is meant to be called, and so on --- generally "explicit is
better than implicit" and if the end programmer needs to expose some
library in a simpler interface, he can use a Python layer on top of it
(or write his own).  So this would end up somewhere slightly different
than where cppyy is currently.

A bientôt,

Armin.