[pypy-dev] Validate SSL/TLS

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jan 24 14:25:36 CET 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, let's start with:

Same for me.  Also, using another SSL library like PyOpenSSL is a good
idea anyway --- on both CPython and PyPy.

If I had a choice I'd prefer to scrap the _ssl module from PyPy, but
we can't because CPython has it too.  I wouldn't mind if using _ssl
produced warnings on PyPy.  The alternative, which is coming up with
better security features in the _ssl module, seems like a lot of work,
of questionable use and safety (just use PyOpenSSL), and bound to
break CPython compatibility.

A bientôt,

Armin.