[pypy-dev] pip install rbtree fail in pypy env!

KaShining mail2shine at qq.com
Thu Oct 31 10:11:09 CET 2013

Tks!

but

This is a typical example of a program that will be
incredibly slower on PyPy if used as a C extension module (via
cpyext).

why?

From:  "Armin Rigo";<arigo at tunes.org>;
Date:  Thu, Oct 31, 2013 04:53 PM
To:  "KaShining"<mail2shine at qq.com>;
Cc:  "pypy-dev"<pypy-dev at python.org>;
Subject:  Re: [pypy-dev] pip install rbtree fail in pypy env!

Hi KaShining,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM, KaShining <mail2shine at qq.com> wrote:
>     src/rbtree.c: In function '__pyx_f_6rbtree_6rbtree_byOffset':

This is using Cython.  Compiling Cython modules with PyPy
kind-of-works but is shaky.  You may have more luck if you upgrade
Cython to the latest version, but I don't know the details myself.

Note that according to the name "rbtree", it's about a data structure
that --- I guess --- is meant to contain tons of references to Python
objects.  This is a typical example of a program that will be
incredibly slower on PyPy if used as a C extension module (via
cpyext).  You'd get much better results by running a pure Python
version of it.  Check "rbtree" to see if it already has a pure Python
version.

A bientôt,

Armin.