[pypy-dev] A few notes trying to compile pypy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Oct 26 16:46:44 CEST 2013

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for this report !  A quick note though:

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Kevin Burke <kev at inburke.com> wrote:
> - Once I got it installled I didn't realize there was an additional step
> after pypy-c was created.

Note that this step, "package.py", is not required to run the pypy-c
executable.  It's merely a tool that packs all files needed for
system-wide installation.  It also prebuilds a few cffi modules.  The
alternative is to simply use the pypy-c where it is (pypy/goal/pypy-c)
instead, if you don't need it to be installed system-wide.  Symlinks
pointing to pypy/goal/pypy-c work fine.

A bientôt,

Armin.