[pypy-dev] More strategies

Laurence Tratt laurie at tratt.net
Thu Nov 14 10:47:26 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 09:30:21AM +0100, Armin Rigo wrote:

Hi Armin,

> Yes, but the question is whether we want both FloatIntegerListStrategy and
> FloatListStrategy.  The same arguments apply about the JIT not needing to
> check the value of a float grabbed out of the list in the FloatListStrategy
> case, but it's less clear...

I think that question can only really be answered by trying it out and seeing
what the benchmarks say. My guess is that you still want both, but if people
mix ints and floats even more often than I think they do, it may be the case
that FloatListStrategy kicks in pretty rarely.

Laurie
--
Personal                                             http://tratt.net/laurie/
Software Development Team                                http://soft-dev.org/