[pypy-dev] SSL version?

Stefano Rivera stefano at rivera.za.net
Tue May 14 21:16:44 CEST 2013

Sorry, a bit behind on my mail...

Hi Kura (2013.05.10_11:50:13_+0200)
> I'd be happy to help with building for different versions of Debian or
> Ubuntu.
>
> I myself use a version of Debian that SSL for PyPy does not work on on
> almost all of my servers and tend to have to translate PyPy quite
> frequently.

Running a daily automated build on Wheezy would probably be useful.

I've done builds of 2.0.0 for wheezy [0] if that's useful to anyone.

My packaging process is really centred around packaging for the distro,
so I'm patching pypy a bit [1] (mainly, PEP3147 support). Those patches
get out of date quickly, which is why I haven't got around to doing
daily deb builds yet (I'm scared of how much maintainance work they are
going to be).

So, my plan is to just build a simple deb from a pypy translation, that
doesn't interact with the Debian system much at all. I prepared
something like that here [2], but must just turn that into a Python
script that we can include in the pypy repo. I think it'll be fairly
trivial.

[0] http://people.debian.org/~stefanor/pypy/wheezy/
[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/pypy.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches
[2] http://bitbucket.org/stefanor/pypy-upstream