[pypy-dev] Issue 1475 (add_memory_pressure())

Bart Wiegmans bartwiegmans at gmail.com
Sun May 12 19:59:45 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

First, let me introduce myself. I'm Bart Wiegmans and I would like to
work for pypy via GSoC this summer. To that end I proposed adding a
concurrent / incremental garbage collector to PyPy.

Reasonably, Fijal requested me to bring in some code before I could be
accepted, and since issue 1475 (https://bugs.pypy.org/issue1475) is
rather memory-related, it seems like a good fit. However, I've failed
to make any progress on it (despite advice). In fact, I'd say that at
this point I simply don't understand PyPy well enough to add this
feature, and I'm not sure what to do next.

Anyway, this way you know that I've tried, at least. If anyone has any
more advice I'll happily try again, of course.
Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Bart Wiegmans