[pypy-dev] PYTHONPATH handling doesn't seem to match Python

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Jun 30 00:25:54 CEST 2013

Hi Skip,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Skip Montanaro
<skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> that version of Python was executed.  Accordingly,
> /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages was in sys.path, as it should
> have been.  It appears that the generated pypy-c wound up with that
> directory in its sys.path as well.

It doesn't matter much which version of Python is used to run the
translation of PyPy, in the same way than it doesn't matter much which
version of GCC is used to create CPython.  It's certainly not meant to
copy sys.path from the Python used for translation.

I can't help you much more than this, however.  If anyone else has
anything to suggest, feel free.

A bientôt,

Armin.