[pypy-dev] stmgc: about major collections

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jul 4 18:23:03 CEST 2013

Hi Remi,

Just a note about major collections and the handling of h_original in
stmgc: as you said in an XXX we don't need to *trace* the h_original
object, but only keep it alive.  But also, I thought some time ago
about a trick to improve the overall performance of prebuilt objects,
which is to copy the latest public copy *back* over the original
prebuilt copy.  This idea can be combined with the goal of keeping
h_original: we would always copy the current copy back over the copy
designated by h_original, and free all other copies (including the
current copy).

A bientôt,

Armin.