[pypy-dev] document builds on readthedocs have been failing for quite a while

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:04:05 CET 2013

Looking at https://readthedocs.org/builds/pypy shows that builds of pypy
documentation have been failing
Actually, the failures are not recent, as far back as Dec 1 the builds
were failing, when I checked just now this page shows successful builds
https://readthedocs.org/builds/pypy/?page=46
while here they began to fail
https://readthedocs.org/builds/pypy/?page=45
(your mileage may vary, I think the page numbers change over time)

The sphinx failure seems to say something about vanilla (yum!),
Exception occurred:
   File
"/var/build/user_builds/pypy/checkouts/latest/pypy/config/makerestdoc.py",
line 217, in config_role
     opt = getattr(h._cfgimpl_descr, n)
AttributeError: 'OptionDescription' object has no attribute 'vanilla'
I found a changeset in pypy that modified the --vanilla option
suspiciously around the time the failures began :
--------------------------------
53b204769d36 remove vanilla option, which is totally unused
Also, "make html" in the doc directory fails for me (win32, default
branch), however fixing that failure did not make sphinx happier on
readthedocs,
see pypy changeset b36997015a40
and the resulting document build on readthedocs
https://readthedocs.org/builds/pypy/386842/

I give up, perhaps someone else can fix this.
Matti