[pypy-dev] [pypy-commit] pypy default: make looking up encodings free with the JIT

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 12 10:01:01 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Another way to write the test_pypy_c: you add the test with the input,
and write some rough approximation of the output you expect --- maybe
with comments explaining what you roughly expect.  Then you check this
in together with the changes in the jit.  It will fail in the next
(nightly or manual) build, but then you should know what you really
got.  You can then check and fix the test.  I think it's a situation
where it's ok to check in a test that we know is failing, and we're
going to fix it soon.  This works assuming there are enough
information on the buildbot page; if not, well, improve the
test_pypy_c/model.py file too :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.