[pypy-dev] 2GB Limit on Windows

matti picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 19:03:08 CEST 2013

I would vote -1 for adding the largeaddressaware
flag to our translation proccess for nightlies. Better to run out of memory
than to use cffi to call some random dll andhave it explode. Those who are
in the know will have a compiler or can down load a free version and DIY.
Matti

On Apr 6, 2013 5:36 PM, "Amaury Forgeot d'Arc" <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the initial request was for the win32 nightly build.
>
> The flag could cause issue for programs which assume that the high bit is
never set for pointers, and use it for another purpose.