[pypy-dev] Bachelor Thesis - STM / ATM

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Sep 30 09:40:46 CEST 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Andreas Pedersen
<andreasdamgaardpedersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't currently have an
> overview of the code, so I can't see how far you are and what subproblems
> you are tackling. Any help on finding a good subject would be appreciated.

Someone else is planning his Master Thesis on this topic.  I have to
warn you that a Bachelor might be too thin at this stage: there are
really all research-like topics.  I wrote down three (open-ended)
topics here: https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/src/default/pypy/doc/project-ideas.rst#stm-software-transactional-memory

> The problem for me, is that I had the misconception my supervisor was more
> up-to-date on parallel programming in Python than he was. So now I'm under a
> very tight schedule to get my synopsis written as quickly as possible.

:-/  You are welcome in any case.  Please join our irc channel if you
want faster discussions (channel #pypy, on irc.freenode.net /
http://webchat.freenode.net/).

A bientôt,

Armin.