[pypy-dev] change of strategy for the py3k branch?

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:42:30 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just throwing in my little bit: any change that is made that would
> make it easier to run Python 2 and Python 3 interpretors in the same
> process would interesting, as I'm still vaguely dreaming (nothing
> more) of a combined interpreter that can run both Python 2 and Python
> 3 code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Hi Martijn.

Can you describe what sort of semantics you have in mind? Would you like to
have two copies of builtin modules? How about namespaces? What about
objects being passed from one interpreter to the another? Would they
magically change or would they be "py2k dict" and "py3k dict"? If you can
describe the semantics of a proposed beast I'm willing to answer how likely
it is to happen

Cheers,
fijal