[pypy-dev] sys._getframe(1).f_locals is very slow on PyPy 1.8

Makoto Kuwata kwa at kuwata-lab.com
Sun May 27 14:53:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is a template engine there's no reason you have to implement scope
> using python's scope directly, both Django, Jinja, and others implement a
> different scoping system on top of Pythons.

Of course it is possible, and that is one of the reason why other
template engines
(such as Django or Jinja2) are very fat and slower than my Tenjin.
There are some approaches to implement template engine.
My approach is different from Djang or Jinja2. It's that easy.

I must say again: I agree to PyPy dev team's decision and I'll try other
approach to make my product faster on PyPy as well as CPython.
I don't have any intention to blame PyPy. It's awesome software.

--
regards,
makoto kuwata