[pypy-dev] alioth tests?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon May 7 09:41:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM, xancorreu <xancorreu at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the other hand, saying with other words: with scripts appeared in alioth,
> pypy is faster?

Probably a bit, but does it matter?  Consider a completely un-pythonic
program that no-one would ever write this way: is the question "is
PyPy faster on it" of any great relevance?  The meta-answer to your
question is that if we rewrite the programs to be much simpler, easier
to understand, and more natural for Python (we did for a few of them),
then yes, they end up being way faster on PyPy than in CPython.

A bientôt,

Armin.