[pypy-dev] mechanism for keeping track of the latest revision on default that is known to translate

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:02:49 CET 2012

Hi Ronny,

On 03/14/2012 03:53 PM, Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote:
> since sprints regularly cause situations where default doesn't translate,
> it seems helpful to have a known latest revision that translates
>
> the proposed mechanism would be to have a bookmark
> that tracks that version for default,

I like the idea. However, from what I read on the docs, it seems that the
bookmark automatically moves while I commit.

E.g., suppose that I update to a revision 100 that has the bookmark, then do
some work, then commit revision 101. Will the bookmark be at revision 100 or
101? In the latter case, it's a bit unusable for our purpose, because we want
it to be updated only by buildbot.

> a good name could be something like "last-known-translatable"
>
> that version would be a good bet for starting new branches,
> since its known to translate
>
> i'm not too sure yet how to integrate in the buildbot

I suppose we would need the buildslaves to have pushing right to bitbucket.
However, we don't need all of them to push, I suppose that e.g. only linux-32
or linux-64 are enough.

ciao,
Anto