[pypy-dev] Problem linking 64 Bit library when 32 bit one is available PyPy 1.9

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jun 15 08:48:18 CEST 2012

Hi Cameron, hi Amaury,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc
<amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/6/14 Cameron Sparr <csparr at ucsd.edu>
>> but I there is no makefile in /tmp/usession-release-1.9-xx/
>
> Actually the Makefile is in the testing_1 subdirectory.

Not yet: I would guess that this crash occurs at the start of
translation.  The hard-coded paths /usr/lib/lib{ssl,crypto}.a come
from pypy/rlib/ropenssl.py; see and fix them here.  It's a hack, but a
needed one to avoid the infinite amount of troubles distributing Linux
binaries on systems which can have either openssl0.9.8 or
openssl1.0.0.

A bientôt,

Armin.