[pypy-dev] __pycache__ folders

Ronny Pfannschmidt Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de
Tue Jul 31 17:12:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

<rant>
i would dare to say that Distributions that manage semi-compatible,
but distro specific "forks" of open source projects
instead of aiming for a distro compatible upstream
create quite some grief for developers.

after all users don't tend to notice those incompatibilities,
but it breaks the tooling of developers

I'm at a point where i need to run self-compiled pythons,
since the ones in Debian for example are broken
for some of my use-cases by Debian specific patches/changes

what makes it worse is that the error reporting paths for the distro
specific "forks" aren't made clear
</rant>

-- Ronny