[pypy-dev] why PyPy build takes so much resources?

Dmitrey dmitrey15 at ukr.net
Tue Jan 24 18:30:47 CET 2012

Required 4 GB for 64bit machine and lots of time for build to be elapsed
each day is very inconvenient. Well, I can download and install compiled
version, but then I have to set all paths to the files I'm working with.
Maybe somewhere there are lots of C files with -O3 or like that? Can you
provide a build option e.g. --without-optimization to remove those -O3,
-O2 or somehow else reduce build time and memory consumption (well I see
the opts

PYPY_GC_MAX_DELTA=200MB pypy --jit loop_longevity=300 ./translate.py -Ojit
from http://pypy.org/download.html#building-from-source

but they essentially increase build time).