[pypy-dev] Suggestions Re: Problems Installing STM

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jan 6 21:19:02 CET 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 20:29, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I interpret this as telling the underlying transaction manager that every
> variable the thread uses is a part of a transaction, therefore log it

If you're comparing it with STM as used by Haskell, then it's a bit
different.  You had better compare it with the new "__transaction"
keyword of GCC 4.7, for programs written in C.

> Yes I am reading the other email messages. However I feel commenting on
> existing work belongs in its own separate thread.

Existing work might become irrelevant or change in random ways, so for
now at least I feel like it's a bit of a waste of time...

A bientôt,

Armin.