[pypy-dev] Biting off more than I can chew

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Feb 25 18:36:43 CET 2012

Hi Greg,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 22:23, Greg Bowyer <gbowyer at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> So if anyone else is willing to join in a challange, I have an example first
> steps piece of C that uses the azul interfaces to attempt to grab a blob of
> memory.

Unsure how well using C code for the GC would work.  Also, if you're
thinking about STM specifically, note that it needs to be integrated
with a special GC --- or at least, not strictly *needs* to, but if it
is, we can design a much more efficient overall way to have STM.
(This is documented in
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/extradoc/raw/extradoc/planning/stm.txt ,
together with a plan for a simple STM-specific GC, which is partially
implemented.)

A bientôt,

Armin.