[pypy-dev] question re: ancient SSL requirement of pypy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Feb 23 10:26:01 CET 2012

Hi,

Maybe we should write down some answers to these questions in a single place...

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 00:32, Dale Hubler <dhubler at uw.edu> wrote:
> They did not tell me they wanted particular modules also, such as numpy.

'numpypy' is already included in a baseline PyPy but is only a partial
implementation of numpy so far.

> I do have a question along those lines.   We have a fileserver located
> python 2.7.2 and we install python modules into that location.  When I am
> building pypy from the source I have been using that version of python.

What we or you used to translate pypy (cpython 2.5-2.7 or pypy itself)
has no effect on the result.  You need to install everything for pypy
independently, just like you need to install everything independently
for various versions of CPython.

The module installation is very similar to CPython's.  It should
mostly just work if you use PyPy instead of CPython to run the
installer, e.g. "pypy setup.py install".  If the module contains a C
extension, it may or may not work out of the box.

A bientôt,

Armin.