[pypy-dev] Biting off more than I can chew

Greg Bowyer gbowyer at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 00:46:52 CET 2012

The other night I got this burning desire to recreate the Azul GPGC (the
java pauseless collector) inside pypy, with a view that it could be used
alongside the STM work to make pypy a low (no?) pause concurrent VM.

When I started tackling the code I realised I might have bitten off a
little more than I can chew.

My question (probably one of many to irritate and annoy all the fine
folks here) would be, is there a sensible way to compile into pypy a
small amount of C code that can be used to bootstrap and bridge some
esoteric c libraries into pypy, the code that I want to run, on startup
of pypy would be the following
https://bitbucket.org/GregBowyer/pypy-c4gc/changeset/0de575b3a8d1#chg-azm_mem_test/test.c

I have noticed that there are a few bridges into direct c code in the
pypy source, but I cannot fathom how these are linked into RPython

-- Greg