[pypy-dev] Scrapy fails in PyPy

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:20:39 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:

> All in all, I'm not a fan of that one big revolution that will make
> everything beautiful, fast and shiny, but that will never happen, really. I
> prefer small steps that make things work.

This is the biggest impedance mismatch that I see in this discussion. Pypy
is all about revolution, changing completely how the interpreter work to
keep a clean language for the user (python). The same should happen in
cython, a completely different backend for pypy only keeping the nice
cython language. I think there needs to be a fork of cython that don't have
any idea of reference counting and uses a mixture of cffi and a clean
c-api. But first pypy needs to have the c-api right?

--

Leonardo Santagada