[pypy-dev] CFFI speed results

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Dec 15 12:08:40 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some sort of string strategies? like "we know it's ascii" or so as well?

Something like that, but that "strategy" would be the only one needed.
 We don't need ascii-only nor two-bytes-only strategies (nor, of
course, 4-bytes strategy) if we have the general utf8 strategy, and
even the latin1-only strategy is probably not worth it.  This utf8
strategy is useful in any program that handles unicodes by converting
it from/to utf8, which in the recent years has become the de facto
standard for new programs.

A bientôt,

Armin.