[pypy-dev] CFFI speed results

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Dec 15 11:27:53 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> And ASPW does the same right? I understand the general need for UTF8,
> I just didn't find it in this particular query.

Fwiw, I wonder again if we couldn't have all our unicode strings
internally be UTF8 instead of 2- or 4-bytes strings.  This would mean
a W_UTF8UnicodeObject class that has both a reference to the RPython
string and some optional extra data to make it faster to locate the
n'th character or the total unicode length.  (We discussed it on IRC
some time ago.)

A bientôt,

Armin.