[pypy-dev] Scrapy fails in PyPy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Dec 3 19:01:47 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Joe Hillenbrand <joehillen at gmail.com> wrote:
> (...)
>         response=response, request=request, spider=spider)
> (...)
>         return receiver(*arguments, **named)
>     exceptions.TypeError: response_received() got 4 unexpected keyword arguments

No real clue, but it looks like keyword arguments are passed around as
keyword arguments on PyPy, whereas CPython converts them to positional
arguments somewhere along the call chain (which is long and goes via
deferreds).  For us to help more, please provide a step-by-step "how
to reproduce" list.  It's typically easy if we can reproduce the bug
locally, and very hard if not.

A bientôt,

Armin.