[pypy-dev] Fatal RPython error: MemoryError

Massa, Harald Armin chef at ghum.de
Tue Aug 7 10:23:57 CEST 2012

> What occurs then in PyPy is that when we are out of memory, we can
> really not allocate any single object at more.

outside of programming there is the concept of having a secret backup
("nest egg"). Would'nt it be a solution to preallocate some bytes on
startup for really, really bad times?

As "really, really bad times" this kind of memory error would qualify.
So there should be made  a special case "if you are out of memory, to
handle this out of memory error, use the preallocated bytes from the
secret backup you made on startup".

Harald

--

GHUM GmbH