[pypy-dev] update (+patch) on embedding pypy

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 23:03:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

2012/4/16 Kibeom Kim <kk1674 at nyu.edu>

> 1. Can other embedding c-api (e.g. PyObject_CallObject) be supported
> in the similar manner?

There are already 430 functions which are already supported...
PyObject_CallObject was one of the easiest.
The recent developments brought the ability to start a pypy interpreter
from C code.

> 2. Can we embed multiple independent pypy?
> (
> http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/793370-multiple-independent-python-interpreters-c-c-program
> )

Not very well, but this is also the case for CPython.
Note that PyObject_CallObject for example has no context to specify which
interpreter it would use;
and there can only be one PyObject_CallObject function in a single
executable.

Why do you need independent interpreters?
Would multiple threads suit your needs?

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc