[pypy-dev] The Work Plan Re: STM proposal funding

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Apr 16 20:34:16 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 18:07, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> So returning to the example,  a programme more in the spirit of what you are
> doing is:

No, you are still missing my point.  The goal is to work on existing
stackless programs, not to write custom programs that combine
"stackless" and "transaction" explicitly.

Yes, I'm saying that _any_ existing stackless-based program can be run
on multiple cores (assuming common causes of conflicts are found and
removed).  It doesn't make much sense to go into details now because
without an actual implementation we can't really know for sure what
the common causes of conflicts will be --- not to mention, I don't
like to talk endlessly just to try to convince people that it''s
actually even possible :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.