[pypy-dev] Compile to executable program running in sandboxed environment?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Sep 30 18:58:26 CEST 2011

Hi Galfy,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 16:09, Galfy Pundee
<galfyo.pundee at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  Is it possible to create an executable package, using PyPy, that is
> running the python code in a sandboxed environment?

Unclear what you really mean, but I can answer "yes" to both
interpretations of your question: if you want a "pypy-sandbox" binary
that runs a given .py source file, then yes, it's the way it's
supposed to work; or, if you want to include the .py source file
inside the executable itself, then "yes" as well, although it's more
complicated (and useless in my opinion, even in the context of
sandboxing).

>  Also when I run in a sandbox environment is it possible to code the
> logic of the external process handling the policy in python?

Yes, that's how the external process demo is coded: in Python, to run
with the normal (i.e. non-sandboxed) CPython or PyPy interpreter.

A bientôt,

Armin.