[pypy-dev] deepcopy slower in PyPY ?!

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:16:27 CEST 2011

Hi Jorge,

On 07/09/11 16:43, Jorge de Jesus wrote:
>   Hi to all
>
> I've benchmark/profile  some code (PyWPS API) and PyPy-c is 2/3x times
> slower than CPython.  This was done in a virtual machine using x86_64
>
> The code being benchmark spends most of the time making calls to
> copy/deepcopy.  I've found that this was an issue in PyPy 1.6
> (https://bugs.pypy.org/issue767), but the issue has been closed. So I've
> downloaded the latest dev version but PyPy-c continues to be slow
> compared to CPython.

could you please send us a benchmark which showcases the problem? The smaller
the better, ideally a benchmark which is contained in a single file is easier
to run and debug than one which involves to download lots of code from the
internet.

Moreover, maybe you could also open a ticket in our bug tracker, so we are
sure not to forget it.

ciao and thanks,
Anto