[pypy-dev] Questions on the pypy+numpy project

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Oct 18 14:41:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 14:19, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> The other situation is where PyPy does its own thing and supports some NumPy
> code that happens to run faster than in CPython, while other code does not
> work at all, with the possibility to replace it in a PyPy specific way.

I think you are disregarding what 8 years of the PyPy project should
have made obvious.  Yes, some code will not run at all on PyPy at
first, and that amount of code is going to be reduced over time.  But
what we want is to avoid a community split, so we are never, ever,
going to add and advertise PyPy-only ways to write programs.

A bientôt,

Armin.