[pypy-dev] How to organize the py3k branch

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:07:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

2011/10/14 Antonio Cuni <anto.cuni at gmail.com>

> that's true, but from the commits I saw it seems that you are destroying
> support for the Python 2 interpreter anyway.  Is it correct?

Yes, that's true. It seemed to me that supporting both versions in the same
files would be too much of a hassle.
I'd prefer regularly merge branches, conflicts should be limited since the
2.7 version won't grow new Python features.
But we could revisit this, I just would like to avoid tons of #ifdef around
the changes...

>  I renew my suggestion of having a meeting where to decide which strategy
> to follow.

Unfortunately I'm travelling early this afternoon, and I'm not sure to have
a connection during the week-end.
It will be easier next week, for example around 17:00 CEST.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc