[pypy-dev] strange error in urlunparse

Max Lavrenov max.lavrenov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:43:45 CEST 2011

Hello all.

I make some experiments with pypy in our twisted project and get strange
error in standard urlparse.urlunparse function

def urlunparse(data):
    """Put a parsed URL back together again.  This may result in a
    slightly different, but equivalent URL, if the URL that was parsed
    originally had redundant delimiters, e.g. a ? with an empty query
    (the draft states that these are equivalent)."""
    scheme, netloc, url, params, query, fragment = data
    if params:
        url = "%s;%s" % (url, params)
    return urlunsplit((scheme, netloc, url, query, fragment))

If i try using apache benchmark , after ~500 successfull responses i am
starting to get error on line "if params":   (216 line in real urlparse.py
file)  with message "local variable 'params' referenced before assignment".
  How it's possible?

My pypy version is "Python 2.7.1 (7acf2b8fcafd, Sep 26 2011, 11:38:29) [PyPy
1.6.1-dev0 with GCC 4.6.1] on linux2"

Best regards,
Max Lavrenov