[pypy-dev] Change to the frontpage of speed.pypy.org

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:11:50 CET 2011

> The specific benchmark has no description:
> http://speed.pypy.org/timeline/?exe=1%2C3&base=2%2B35&ben=slowspitfire&env=tannit&revs=200

Thanks, I have added your description.

> Is there a place the answer this information to the website? I propose
> a link to the source in each benchmark page.
Yes, I will try to find a way to put links to the code in each benchmark page.

> Additionally, on the frontpage the individual benchmark names could be
> links to the benchmark page, like in the grid view.
I first thought that it would be difficult because the benchmark names
themselves are tick labels for the axes, but I think I can actually
make the bars clickable. I will see.

> While trying this I clicked on a revision; I immediately clicked on
> "back", but I was brought too much backwards, to the grid of all
> benchmarks, which loads slow enough for one to notice. If you instead
> click "Back" from a specific benchmark page, you are brought back to
> the home.
> Fixing this without loading a separate page for each plot seems hard;
> however, it seems that e.g. Facebook handles this by modifying the URL
> part after #, so that the page is not reloaded from scratch, but I'm
> no web developer, so you probably know better than me.

Yes, we are looking at a solution there. See issue #17 :
https://github.com/tobami/codespeed/issues#issue/17
Stefan Marr has already implemented it. There were some issues at
first, and he uses a development un-minified version of a plugin, but
it works. So we should be able to integrate the feature soon.

Miquel