[pypy-dev] work on libpypy.so

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:36:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

2011/7/25 Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it>

> Hi everyone, my company has a bunch of C apps (mainly the uWSGI
> application server container and a scriptable DNS server) embedding
> CPython in their core.
>
> We would like to start using PyPy, so our need is having a workable
> libpypy.so implementation (we do not need it to be compatible with CPython
> api, we can rewrite those parts, expecially in uWSGI, without problems).
>
> I have searched for some work already done, but it looks like no one is
> pushing it. I apply myself for working on this area (if no-one is already
> doing it). So if there are no objections, i would start posting my
> proposals (and code) in the next few days.

Good idea!
I suppose you already noticed the "--shared" option that already builds a
libpypy-c.so.
I've never tried it on Linux, but it works at least on Windows, and exposes
all
C API functions from cpyext.

Still missing is the Py_Initialize() function...
Could it be as simple as a single call to space.startup()?

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc