[pypy-dev] In search of references

Konrad Delong konryd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:30:29 CET 2011

Hi all,

I am currently finishing up my master thesis. In it, I'd like to
mention PyPy, but I think I need references to a couple of statements
in order... well... not to lie :)

So here it is:

1. PyPy is based on an approach first used in implementing
Smalltalk-80 (the idea of implementing a dynamic language in its own
subset, then statically analyzing and compiling the interpreter)
2. The main reason PyPy decided to implement GIL was for the c
extensions to run unchanged.

I obviously don't want you to do my job for me, but I searched a lot
on this topic already, and any hint where to look further would be
appreciated.

cheers,
Konrad