[pypy-dev] A basic question.

Joe Goldthwaite joe at goldthwaites.com
Mon Aug 15 23:48:35 CEST 2011

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. In looking at the archives
this list seems to be more geared to the developers than users.  I couldn't
find a list for end users though so I'm going to post it here.

I'd like to try pypy for a simple project.  I'm trying to use SUDS to
retrieve data from a web service.  SUDS uses a setup.py file to do the
install.  When I try that under pypy I get a message;

 ImportError: No module named setuptools

I know I need setup tools but how do you install that?  I have a version for
Python 2.7 but it thinks that 2.7 isn't installed.  I've searched the web
for pypy setuptools information but can't seem to find anything.

Is it too early to try and use pypy for production?  Is there a version of
setup tools available for it?

Thanks,

Joe Goldthwaite